PLUS! Introducing the Early Riser Workshop
No need to take extra time out of the office
The Most Contentious D&O Insurance Issues in 2011 and How They Should be Reflected in Your Insurance Policy Structures and Wording in 2012 and Beyond
Led by a seasoned industry insider and an experienced legal expert,
this workshop will draw on some of the most contentious and complex
D&O issues encountered by the workshop presenters. With reference
to case studies and examples which regularly arise in the D&O arena
and common wording scenarios, the workshop leaders will analyse the
significant coverage considerations each of those issues raise and guide participants on how these considerations should be reflected in policy structures and wordings in the coming months. Topics for dicussion include:
• Does your D&O insurance provide global cover? What programme
structures allow for optimal coverage?
• Do directors want their own ring-fenced insurance cover that will not be eroded by the companies’ claims? Why would they need that and how do you achieve that?
• Insuring clauses: what is the scope of the insurance offered? Does it cover all those risks you want it to cover?
• Current and emerging exclusion: how do these limit the cover? Is it too limited? What issues have recently arisen?
• Presumption of Indemnity: what are the consequences if a company wrongly refuses to indemnify a director? How can they be prevented?
• What issues can develop from outside directorship extensions to the policies?
There will be plenty of Q&A opportunities and participants may also
raise any specific questions they have for the workshop leaders ahead of the conference, via the conference organisers Main Conference